Saturday, August 18, 2012

Decorating the Classroom - Day 5&6

 This week I was busy finishing the classroom.  I can't believe it took me so long.  Perhaps it is because of the no stapling rule.  I hope all of the bulletin boards stay up all year! :)  The new idea is to use 3M mounting squares or tape. 

The glue gun was my friend for this bulletin board.  I cut pieces from one of the boarders and glued them to clothespins to hang student work.  Then I used mounting squares to put each red page on the brown paper.  Thank goodness for my son, Logan.  He helped me put the whole thing on the wall.


This is the left side of the classroom. 



Here is the front.  I made a spot for WOW words.  I am going to hang up interesting words that we find as we read books.  This will tie in great with the CAFE strategies.


I framed my subway art and put it by my desk.  I just love it.  By the way, this is probably the cleanest my desk will ever be!


Here is my Daily 5 chart.  I will put the students names on cards and they will be able to choose 3 choices a day.  More info on that later.  I will also post all of the anchor charts we create in the brown space above the chart.  I am also going to get another shelf to put book boxes on. This is where they will get their books.


No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like: